• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Elderly priest in Normandy beheaded

sean miguel

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
An 86-year-old priest has been 'beheaded' by two ISIS knifemen who cut his throat after bursting into a French church and taking nuns and worshippers hostage before being shot dead by police.

Five people including the priest, two nuns and two parishioners were held by assailants who raided the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen in Normandy at 9am.

The clergyman, named as Jacques Hamel, is believed to have been beheaded during the attack while another hostage is 'hovering between life and death' in hospital.

The two attackers have been 'neutralised' by elite marksmen in a dramatic police operation while the building is being searched for possible explosives. French president Francois Hollande said the men 'claimed to be from' ISIS.

There were reports the attackers shouted 'Daesh' – an alternative name for ISIS often used by the French government – as they ran into the church. At least one of the men was dressed in Islamic clothing, according to French media reports, and an anti-terrorist unit has already taken up the investigation.

It comes as it emerged that the place of worship was one of a number of Catholic churches on a terrorist 'hit list' found on a suspected ISIS extremist last April.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rmed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.html

Hopefully they weren't aligned with any islamic terrorist groups and it's a good thing they were using knives instead of guns.

you'd think that critical mass would've been reached by now. But we're talking common sense here.

Johan

You know what ? I'm done being liberal on these issues.

I'm not going full-Trump and advocating for a total ban on muslim immigration in France. Nor am I rethinking my position on being islamophobic.

But I'm having some changes of my opinions on some issues, some I've been thinking about for severl monthes, some quite new to me.

I think France's Justice is too soft, particulary on terrorism. I think France needs to be much tougher on illegal immigration. I think our intelligence agencies are either not efficient either not given the possibility to do their job properly.

I could list some decisions that the government should take to deal with the threat we're facing right now and avoid that more of our citizens would turn to radical Islam in the future. I won't because I'm not sure much of you would be interested. But if you ask, I could do it.

Rip to the victims, my thoughts to their families

bodie54

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her!
you'd think that critical mass would've been reached by now. But we're talking common sense here.

serious question: what would critical mass look like in terms of response?

This shit is going to continue, and likely even accelerate for a time as ISIS' dreams of a caliphate continue to fade.

sean miguel

serious question: what would critical mass look like in terms of response?

see Donald Trump, or in their case, Le Pen.

More specifically, NATO declaring war on ISIS and wiping them out and not piecemeal in a long drawn out process. Surveillance of mosques and deportation or imprisonment of these radical (you say radical, but they're orthodox) imams, and if needed, repatriation of immigrants. If you're not grateful to your host country and are even hostile towards it, then GTFO. Again, Japan gets it. They want no part of this mess.

bodie54

Ok. Got it, thanks.

One question...

see Donald Trump

More specifically, NATO declaring war on ISIS

Unfortunately, just this week, Mr. Trump suggested perhaps we might consider ignoring our commitment to any NATO nation that isn't contributing their full financial share to the alliance. Given a chance to rethink his stance, he instead doubled down on it, delivering more of an ultimatum the second time around regarding the entire organization. So, if he's elected, where does that leave us in regard to any plan to ask NATO to partner with us in a war on ISIS?

Trump's comments on NATO drew rebuttals from Republican officials, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI). John Bolton, former ambassador to the United Nations under President George W. Bush, criticized Trump's stance as "an open invitation to Vladimir Putin" and said that he hoped that "whoever advised Mr. Trump on this rethinks it."

sean miguel

Ok. Got it, thanks.

One question...

Unfortunately, just this week, Mr. Trump suggested perhaps we might consider ignoring our commitment to any NATO nation that isn't contributing their full financial share to the alliance. Given a chance to rethink his stance, he instead doubled down on it, delivering more of an ultimatum the second time around regarding the entire organization. So, if he's elected, where does that leave us in regard to any plan to ask NATO to partner with us in a war on ISIS?

Trump's comments on NATO drew rebuttals from Republican officials, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI). John Bolton, former ambassador to the United Nations under President George W. Bush, criticized Trump's stance as "an open invitation to Vladimir Putin" and said that he hoped that "whoever advised Mr. Trump on this rethinks it."

I saw him comment on it last night. He's not going to abandon NATO allies who aren't paying their share and let Putin run roughshod over them. I see this is a scare tactic at most to get them to pony up. Just like he's not going to abandon our commitment to Japan and S. Korea.

Even if this isn't bluster on his part, if it came to that, I'd think wiser heads would prevail in that sort of crisis.

BCsSecretAlias

Closed Account
The same sort of BS the leftwingers are pushing that somehow Putin prefers Trump over Clinton because Trump would appear to be weak against Russia.

Anyone that believes that is an idiot.

You think the taunting of the U.S is bad now, let that cunt become President.

Johan

I think that on one hand Putin would like Trump 'cause they have the same views on some issues. But, on the otrher hand he would have to deal with a US version of himself, which would be more difficult than dealing with Hillary or Obama. But the rest of the world would hate tyo have to deal with both these two, except if other peoples elect other righ-wingers (like Marine Lepen in France, Silvio Berlusconi in Italy, Frauke Petry in Germany, Nigel Farage in UK, etc...)

cronus100

Looking to go where no FreeOnes member has gone before!
Feel free to correct me but I think the IS Group released a statement claiming the two attackers on the church in Normandy who killed the priest were two of their " soldiers" . If that is true , Ooooooooo myyyyyy God . "Soldiers" I heard it all now.
It was like a report from the Time of the Crusades in the 11th 12th Centuries. Absolutely terrifying.
You know if someone does not stop this group and quickly , there will be conflict among people of different religions.
Which is what the attackers want.

Johan

Feel free to correct me but I think the IS Group released a statement claiming the two attackers on the church in Normandy who killed the priest were two of their " soldiers" . If that is true , Ooooooooo myyyyyy God . "Soldiers" I heard it all now.
It was like a report from the Time of the Crusades in the 11th 12th Centuries. Absolutely terrifying.
You know if someone does not stop this group and quickly , there will be conflict among people of different religions.
Which is what the attackers want.

On severalm other occasions, Daech called the perpetrators "soldiers".
In a statement on Saturday, the news agency Amaq, which supports Isis, said: “The person who carried out the operation in Nice, France, to run down people was one of the soldiers of Islamic State. He carried out the operation in response to calls to target nationals of states that are part of the coalition fighting Islamic State.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...e-claims-responsibility-for-nice-truck-attack

Today, on the road to Cracovia where he will host the World Youth Days, Pope Francis reacted to this attack :
Pope Francis: ‘The world is at war, but it is not a war of religions’ : http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/new...d-is-at-war-but-it-is-not-a-war-of-religions/

I know most US conservatives hate Pope Francis, think he's wrong about everything but since the attacks targeted Catholics, that it is a catholic priests who've been slayed, considering also that Pope Francis is the leader of the Catholic church, i think his opinion on this issue matters.

bodie54

I saw him comment on it last night. He's not going to abandon NATO allies who aren't paying their share and let Putin run roughshod over them. I see this is a scare tactic at most to get them to pony up.

OK, thanks for your reply.
But as I understand it, reaching that level of expenditure has a timeline for compliance that extends until 2024.
And that it's not a mandatory compliance thing, it's a good faith goal. Whereas Article 5 - the collective defense agreement - is actually legally binding.
Not that compliance doesn't make good sense in the long run. But forcing the issue now, when so many economies are still scrambling to make ends meet, and don't have the latitude to spend anything remotely close to the percentage of GDP on defense that we do ?

Even if this isn't bluster on his part, if it came to that, I'd think wiser heads would prevail in that sort of crisis.

One would hope so, but if we leave the alliance it seems to me like we're inviting just the sort of crisis that would otherwise fail to develop.

The same sort of BS the leftwingers are pushing that somehow Putin prefers Trump over Clinton because Trump would appear to be weak against Russia.

What indications do you see that he would be strong against Russia?

sean miguel

critical mass? germany's 'enough of this shit' moment?

German armed police smash their way into mosque and raid homes of group accused of radicalising Muslims and grooming them for jihad

Armed police officers have launched a raid on a mosque and several homes belonging to a group believed to be radicalising Muslims in Germany.

Apartments belonging to eight board members of the radical German-speaking Islamic group searched by officers in Hildesheim, Lower Saxony.

It comes as part of a crackdown on the group, which is thought to have been encouraging people to travel to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS.

The group ran sermons, seminars and lectures entitled 'the hatred of infidels', according to German media.

GQ5nFYxN.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...used-radicalising-Muslims-grooming-jihad.html

BCsSecretAlias

Closed Account
OK, thanks for your reply.
But as I understand it, reaching that level of expenditure has a timeline for compliance that extends until 2024.
And that it's not a mandatory compliance thing, it's a good faith goal. Whereas Article 5 - the collective defense agreement - is actually legally binding.
Not that compliance doesn't make good sense in the long run. But forcing the issue now, when so many economies are still scrambling to make ends meet, and don't have the latitude to spend anything remotely close to the percentage of GDP on defense that we do ?

One would hope so, but if we leave the alliance it seems to me like we're inviting just the sort of crisis that would otherwise fail to develop.

What indications do you see that he would be strong against Russia?
Hillary Clinton has demonstrated that she is all about Hillary. There is reason to be concerned that the Russians or Chinese already have her 30,000 deleted emails. They will not surface if they have them but she could be blackmailed.

Trump is a strong negotiator and he would be successful negotiating against Putin.

Trump is about America first and Clinton is about Hillary first. That in and of itself makes Trump the better choice in dealing with Putin.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I saw a satirical piece (not the onion) about France bringing back the guillotine for terrorists and the terrorists protesting the cruelty of that.